Monday, May 24, 2010

Looking Forward to Season 8 NCIS

With the season 7 finale airing tomorrow night in the USA, I thought I might look ahead to season 8. To that end I have composed a little wish list of things I would like to see in season 8. Some are serious and some not so serious. You get to work out which is which. *grins*

  • More scripts from the collaborative team of Jesse Stern and Steven Binder. Their first joint script in season 7, "Moonlighting" was brilliant.
  • More appearances by Muse Watson. Mike Franks is one of my favorite characters and one I want to see a lot more of in future seasons.
  • Ziva dealing properly with what she went through in Somalia. The trauma of the beatings and rape she endured need to be properly dealt with so the character can grow and move forward. And yes, I did say rape. Held captive the way she was, that was inevitable. Her responses in "Patriot Down" paint that quite clearly as well.
  • More appearances by Joe Spano. Tobias Fornell is an excellent character and, like Mike Franks, one I am always delighted to see.
  • Death of Hollis Mann. Just so the underlying fear that she could return at anytime will go away. May I suggest eaten by a shark in Hawaii?
  • Removal of Margaret Allison Hart. She Who Bears My Name has rapidly become She Who Gets Up My Nose. Maybe she could join Hollis Mann in aforesaid shark's stomach?
  • Return of Holly Snow. I like this character. She is gutsy and quirky and makes a good female foil for Gibbs. My only reservations about the character are the inevitable comparisons people will make with the Gil Grissom/Lady Heather relationship in CSI.
  • Continued growth of McGee. Would like to see more McGee story lines. We had a few good Tony ones in season 7. Maybe season 8 could be the season of McGee stories?
  • Expansion of the Leon Vance story arc begun in the season 6 episode "Knockout".
  • Return of baby agent Dwayne Wilson. Maybe we could find out who the NIS agent was who proved his father's innocence when he was accused of murder in Vietnam. It's my thought that the agent was a young Mike Franks.
  • Resolution of the Ziva/Eli David story arc. I cannot believe Eli David would tamely accept his daughter turning her back on Mossad and Israel and becoming a U.S. citizen.
  • At least one, maybe two or three, shower scenes a la "SWAK". Gratuitous titillation, I know, but we devoted female followers deserve something light-hearted and slightly naughty after the angst and escalating terror of the final three episodes of season 7.
  • Meet McGee's parents. May I suggest Jonathan Frakes as McGee's father?
  • Increased role for Jimmy Palmer in season 8. We haven't had a really good Palmer story since season 5's "About Face". It's about time Jimmy got another major story.
  • A look at Abby's background. She's another character we only know snippets about. What happened in her past that has made her cling to Gibbs as a substitute father?
That's my wish list for season 8. What's on yours?

1 comment: